No account? Sign up

Get Breaking News, Trending News, Informative news weekly

How To Avoid Time-Sucking People
close

Were adding new stuff like this all day long

Like us on Facebook to stay on top of new trending and useful updates just like this one.

I'm already eProfits fan! Please
close

Were adding new stuff like this all day long

Follow us on Twitter to stay on top of new trending and useful updates just like this one.

I'm already eProfits follower! Please
close

Were adding new stuff like this all day long

Like us on Google to stay on top of new trending and useful updates just like this one.

I'm already eProfits fan! Please
close

Were adding new stuff like this all day long

Follow us on LinkedIn to stay on top of new trending and useful updates just like this one.

I'm already eProfits follower! Please
close

Were adding new stuff like this all day long

Follow us on Pinterest to stay on top of new trending and useful updates just like this one.

I'm already eProfits follower! Please
Use your keyboard keys ( ) to browse more stories.
More stories

How To Avoid Time-Sucking People

When you’re in business, you will always encounter people who drain your time. We’re talking about those people...

How To Avoid Time-Sucking People

When you’re in business, you will always encounter people who drain your time. We’re talking about those people who ask endless questions, take ages to make decisions, and then (invariably) take ages to pay their invoices as well!

 

Learning to avoid these people (or at least cut back on the time they drain) is a valuable business skill. In this article, we provide five tips to help you learn to deal with individuals like this.  

 

Remember the value of your time

 

If a client gives you an hour of work, but spends an hour discussing his exact requirements and another asking you to make small tweaks to your output, you’ve effectively only earned a third of your planned hourly rate.

 

You will always have to give away a little time closing deals and negotiating, but you should always set limits. Don’t be afraid to tell a potential client you have fifteen minutes to spare to discuss their requirements. Then, ensure you are strict in keeping matters moving along. Once the time is up, summarize by email and await a response. This can save you hours of discussion that never amounts to anything.

 

Be protective of your cellphone number

 

Yes, we live in an age where clients expect their suppliers to be contactable, but your mobile phone number should remain precious and only be given to essential people. Try to use email as your primary method of contact; you can respond in your own time and you also maintain an audit trail of discussions and decisions.

 

 

Limit face-to-face meetings

 

There will always be times when a face-to-face meeting makes sense, but with video conferencing, email and inexpensive international calls, it’s often not worth the travel time for the sake of a handshake and a cup of coffee.

 

Always consider whether there’s an easier way to conduct your business. While a face-to-face meeting could help you to close a major contract, the need for it doesn’t exist for every interaction you have with an existing customer.

 

Remember the 80/20 rule

 

There are various definitions for the “80/20 rule:” It’s often said that 80% of your income comes from 20% of your customers. At the same time it often turns out that 80% of your day-to-day hassle comes from those remaining 20% of your customers!

 

Obviously your own individual ratios will vary, but it’s the key principle you need to keep in mind. The clients that account for the lion’s share of your revenue are the ones who deserve the lion’s share of your time.

 

Don’t be afraid to ditch the occasional client

 

It may seem like poor business sense, but sometimes a fee-paying client simply has to go. If you have a client who’s sucking your time away and your service to less stressful customers is suffering as a result, it may be time to wave a friendly “goodbye.”

 

It can prove cathartic to see the back of a time-draining customer – and the best part is that you will free up some time to find a better one!

 

Use your keyboard keys ( ) to browse more stories.
© 2017 eProfits.com All rights reserved.