Weekly email of our best stuff
Hello and welcome to contact us page at eProfits
How can we help you today?
For millions of us a “bad back” can seriously disrupt many aspects of our daily routine, including work, sleep,...
For millions of us a “bad back” can seriously disrupt many aspects of our daily routine, including work, sleep, physical activities, and our sexual and social lives.
While serious back pain is a sign that you should seek professional medical help, common complaints can often be reduced or alleviated by adjusting certain aspects of your lifestyle.
Here are 6 bad habits to avoid:
1. Inadequate rest can cause muscle inflammation. Watching TV or using your computer or smartphone in bed can disrupt the quality of your sleep. Cut out any stimuli that might interfere with getting a solid night’s rest. An old (10+ years) or poor-quality mattress that doesn’t offer adequate support can also contribute to a sore back.
2. A heavy shoulder bag or gym bag can put a lot of strain on one shoulder, resulting in back, neck and shoulder pain. Try a lighter bag or a backpack to better balance the weight.
3. Footwear that fits poorly, has high heels and/or insufficient arch or heel support can cause you to walk improperly, placing strain on your lower back.
4. Sitting around all day can have multiple bad effects on your back, especially if your posture is bad. Your back muscles need exercise and your spine needs relief from the pressure of long hours spent sitting at a desk.
5. Mental stress can cause your muscles to tense for long periods, resulting in back pain. Try engaging in relaxing activities, while minimising those that cause unnecessary stress.
6. Unhealthy lifestyle habits apart from those directly related to your back can still contribute to back pain. Smoking (blood flow), eating lots of junk food (obesity) and being vitamin and mineral deficient can increase instances and severity of back pain.