Weekly email of our best stuff
Hello and welcome to contact us page at eProfits
How can we help you today?
Feeling swamped at work? You’re not alone. Many people have at felt — at one time or another — ov...
Feeling swamped at work? You’re not alone. Many people have at felt — at one time or another — overburdened, stressed out or intimidated by what seems to be a never-ending, insurmountable amount of work. Sometimes this can even result in something called “burnout” or extreme job-related exhaustion.
Here are 10 tips to avoid burnout by improving your workflow, strengthening your professional productivity and taking care of your personal life.
1. Get inspired: Don’t know what to do or where to start? Check out motivational or instructional articles and videos to get you going. Sometimes the hardest part is getting started.
2. Organise your workspace: There’s nothing more intimidating than a messy, disorganised desk or workspace. You’ll work much more efficiently if you know where everything is and feel comfortable and professional at your workstation.
3. Create a task schedule: Once your desk is organised, sort out your plan of attack. Divide your day into different jobs or stages in order to work more efficiently and effectively. You’ll get things done one at a time or devote sensible amounts of time to various tasks throughout the day, week or month.
4. Set achievable goals: If you’re on a large project, divide it up into smaller parts so you get that important feeling of achievement once you complete them. This will allow you to keep track of your progress and stay motivated to tackle the next phase. Congratulate and reward yourself in some way upon the completion of each “micro-goal”.
5. Get the worst out of the way first: You don’t want the most unpleasant tasks hanging over your head. Once they’re out of the way you’ll feel less stressed and more able to concentrate on the job at hand.
6. Delegate: Don’t take on too much for yourself. Find co-workers to share the load. Delegate the tasks you are least good at to others and concentrate on your strengths to maximize efficacy.
7. Like what you do: This is a no-brainer. You’re going to be a lot better at your job if you like it and conversely, more likely to find excuses not to do the things you hate doing.
8. Avoid multitasking: Don’t try to do everything at once. Some people are good at multitasking, but even they can burn out and make big mistakes when trying to put too many things on their plate at once. Tackle your tasks one at a time.
9. Take regular breaks: Don’t burn yourself out by working through lunch and not taking pauses during the workday. Even if you’re busy trying to meet a deadline, allow yourself a bit of rest and periodic opportunities to refresh. You’ll be more productive, happier and more effective.
10. Maintain a healthy home life: Separate your work life from your time at home. Home should be a safe haven from the pressures of work where you can relax and enjoy yourself. Eat well, exercise and get enough sleep. Leave job stresses at the workplace.
Got any more suggestions for improving workflow? Share them in the comments section!
Want a spectacular website online? Use Bookmark sitebuilder to get you started.